UConn Pharmacy Alumni Association
The UConn Pharmacy Alumni Association, established in 1971, is a 501(c)3 corporation that serves as a link between the School of Pharmacy and its alumni. The association works closely with the University of Connecticut Alumni Association and the School of Pharmacy to maintain alumni records and to provide opportunities for alumni to become involved with the school.
The association has supported the school in various ways such as purchasing furniture and laboratory equipment, providing support for the operation of the alumni office, and sponsoring student scholarships. In 1996, the association established a scholarship endowment with a $25,000 donation, which was matched by the State of Connecticut making a total endowment of $50,000. Through this endowment, the association provides annual scholarships in perpetuity. In 2004, the association donated $35,000, which was combined with a $12,500 contribution by the State of Connecticut, to sponsor the Distinguished Alumni Honor Roll. This “Wall of Fame,” which is located on the third floor of the Pharmacy-Biology Building, honors those who have been named as Distinguished Alumni by the association.
Alumni are encouraged to participate in the activities of the association and to seek election to the association’s Board of Directors.
The objectives of the UConn Pharmacy Alumni Association include:
- To promote effective communication between the School of Pharmacy and its alumni
- To promote pharmacy education and our profession as a career throughout the state and nation
- To promote the further development of courses and programs in post graduate education in cooperation with the School of Pharmacy and the Continuing Education Services of the University of Connecticut
- To promote other projects agreed upon by the Association Executive Committee that will foster professional spirit and the advancement of the School of Pharmacy
- To promote social activity among alumni of the School of Pharmacy
Membership in the UConn Pharmacy Alumni Association is open to individuals who:
- Received a degree in pharmacy from the University of Connecticut
- Received a degree in pharmacy from the Connecticut College of Pharmacy
- Received a Master of Science or Ph.D. degree from the University of Connecticut in the pharmaceutical sciences
- All active and ex-officio members of the faculty of the School of Pharmacy of the University of Connecticut or the former Connecticut College of Pharmacy
- Honorary membership is open to those who have made an outstanding contribution to the School of Pharmacy or to the profession. Such recognition is extended by the action of the Alumni Board of Directors