The strategic initiatives of the School of Pharmacy are reflective of the stated areas, goals, and measures of success contained within the University of Connecticut’s academic vision.
This vision is guided by:
- Bold and visionary ideas
- Growth of extramural research programs
- Adaptability to change
- Active participation of faculty
- Accountability to achieve goals
Standards for the achievement of excellence:
- Research and Scholarship
- Undergraduate Education
- Graduate Education
- Teaching Effectiveness
- Public Engagement
UConn School of Pharmacy Values:
- Service: We work to help others.
- Integrity: We do the right thing even when no one is looking.
- Diversity: We recognize and honor the diversity of our community by working to ensure each person in our school can live up to her/his potential and fulfill their professional goals.
- Excellence: We seek to provide the best in teaching, research, and service.
- The faculty, staff, and students in the UConn School of Pharmacy will contribute to the improvement of health by:
- Establishing an empowering school-wide culture of mutual support and understanding.
- Developing knowledgeable, dedicated, adaptable, and compassionate pharmacists, scientists,and healthcare leaders.
- Discovering, developing, improving, and rigorously evaluating medications and medication related processes.
- Envisioning, driving, and supporting changes that sustain or expand the role of the pharmacist in healthcare.
- We are the top choice for students in pharmacy education and graduate students in pharmaceutical research in the Northeast.
- We are respected nationally for our reputation for excellence.
- We graduate professionals, clinicians, and scientists, who are highly sought by employers and who become influential leaders in the profession of pharmacy practice and in the pharmaceutical sciences.