Transfer Students

The School of Pharmacy is currently accepting applications from qualified transfer students.

Are You a Transfer Student? Please carefully read the definition below and contact the Professional Program Office for clarification if you have any questions!

A transfer applicant is someone who has never been enrolled at UConn, has completed post-secondary coursework at institutions outside of UConn, and is seeking direct admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy Professional Program. Applicants who have received prior degrees from institutions other than UConn are considered to be transfer students under this definition and MUST complete an undergraduate transfer application with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions

Preference in admission is given to UConn students, New England Regional students (ME, MA, NH, and VT,) and State of Connecticut residents.  (Residency is defined by primary, permanent residence; e.g. the state of your driver’s license, voters registration, etc.) State of  Connecticut residency is defined by the Connecticut State Statutes and determined by the UConn Office of Transfer Admissions.  To be eligible, transfer students must have completed their pre-pharmacy curriculum at regionally accredited, degree-granting institutions of higher education and must have met all application requirements for both the School of Pharmacy and University of Connecticut.  (Transfer students must submit a complete application with the University of Connecticut’s Office of Transfer Admission by April 1st; please visit the admissions website for more information.)  All ineligible applications will be promptly denied without consideration.

Transfer students should also read the School of Pharmacy application instructions.  If you have any questions regarding the Transfer application or would like to apply to UConn, please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office.

University of Connecticut
Admissions Office
2131 HIllside Road, Unit 3088
Storrs, CT 06269-3088
Phone: 860-486-3137

You may apply for transfer admission to UConn using the online application. Be prepared to submit the following supplemental documentation along to the Undergraduate Admissions Office by the April 1st deadline:

  • $80 Application Fee
  • All official post-secondary transcripts from each institution attended
  • Official High School Transcripts or GED records (special guidelines exist for home schooled applicants)

See Transfer Application Details for special guidelines and instructions for the following:

  • Standardized Testing Results
  • Military Credit
  • Toefl or IELTS scores
  • Permanent Resident Card

Please Note: Your application to UConn is a separate process from your PharmCAS application to the School of Pharmacy.  It is imperative that your UConn application be successfully submitted with all supporting documents as required by the Office of Undergraduate Transfer Admissions by April 1, 2015.  For more information on this separate application, visit the Undergraduate Transfer Admission website .

Transfer Course Equivalencies for Coursework Taken at Connecticut Institutions

The University’s Undergraduate Transfer Admission Office is responsible for transfer credit evaluations.   From the Transfer Course Equivalencies website you may select a Connecticut institution from a list to search for transferable courses.

For Transfer Students to the Pre-Pharmacy Program

If you have already met pharmacy program prerequisites, you are not eligible for admission to the pre-pharmacy program.  Transfer applicants to pre-pharmacy should have completed no more than one year of college-level study in pharmacy program prerequisites:

  • CHEM 1127Q-1128Q
  • BIOL 1107
  • PHYS 1201Q
  • ENGL 1010
  • MATH 1131Q

Applicants who exceed this restriction will be considered automatically for admission to the Academic Center for Entering Students (ACES) but are still eligible to apply to the School of Pharmacy.

Please note that admission to transfer students to pre-pharmacy, or to ACES, is not a guarantee of eventual admission into the School of Pharmacy.

Ask a Transfer Student:

Sayali Oak Michael Vessicchio
Sayali Oak Michael Vessicchio 


Other Helpful Resources for Transfer Students

Bursar’s Office

Office of Student Financial Aid Services

Office of the Dean of Students

International Student & Scholar Services

Office of the Registrar

Residential Life

Veteran’s Affairs and Military Programs

Transfer applicants should download the Transfer Admission Information & Plan of Study brochure